House fires can happen anytime and the most important thing you can do for your family is have an action plan in place in case of an emergency. Once you create a plan, you must review the procedures with your family. Practice your emergency plan at least twice a year to build confidence and reduce panic in the event of a real-life situation. Remember to always remain calm. Your mind can make more sound decisions when you are in control.
Thoughts to consider:
● Make sure every room has an exit. Emergency fire ladders are a great option for 2nd floor bedrooms and can be stored under the bed.
● Plan for small children, elderly, and pets.
● Establish multiple exit options.
● Make sure older children know how to assist with obstacles like removing window screens.
● Name a safe place outdoors for everyone to go. *Ensure all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly. These devices will alert you to give your family precious, but limited time needed to escape.
Central Security Systems offers residential and commercial fire monitoring systems that will alert you and the emergency crews that there is a fire…these few small details can help get you outside safely. Call us to learn more about our Fire Alarm and safety monitoring systems.